David Strege, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Hand Surgeon
Dr. David Strege is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon who has practiced in the St. Louis region for greater than 25 years. He attended medical school at St. Louis University and completed an Orthopedic Residency at St. Louis University Hospital. He additionally completed an Orthopedic Hand Surgery Fellowship at the Mayo Graduate School in Rochester Minnesota. He has a special interest and extensive experience in the treatment of conditions related to the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder including sports related injuries and Worker’s Compensation injuries.
Additionally, Dr. Strege has been involved with Orthopedic basic research involving enzyme production in bone forming cells, as well as the use of shape memory alloy in orthopedic fixation devices. He has been recognized annually since 2007 in the list of “The Best Doctors in America”. For the past 10 years, Dr. Strege has volunteered at the ILAC (Institute of Latin American Concern) providing hand surgery services to the impoverished people in the Dominican Republic.
- Undergraduate: Valparaiso University, Valparaiso Indiana
- Medical School: St. Louis University
- Orthopedic Residency:St. Louis University Hospitals
- Hand Surgery Fellowship:Mayo Graduate School, Rochester, Minnesota
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Added Qualifications for Hand Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- St. Louis Orthopedic Society