Micah Hobbs, DO
Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Hobbs was raised in St. Charles, Missouri. He attended the University of Missouri-Columbia where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Biology in 2000. He received his medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, Missouri in 2005. Dr. Hobbs then completed a five-year residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Ohio University/Grandview Hospital in Dayton, Ohio. During this time, he participated in the care of the Cincinnati Reds, Cincinnati Bengals and Wilmington College Quakers.
Following residency, Dr. Hobbs was one of twenty-seven residents nationwide selected to complete a Shoulder and Elbow Surgery fellowship. During his fellowship at Baylor University Medical Center and the W.B. Carrell Clinic in Dallas, Texas he focused on the conservative and surgical Treatment of industrial and athletic injuries to the shoulder and elbow with a special emphasis on shoulder replacement, rotator cuff repair, and revision shoulder surgery. He spent extensive time training with Wayne Z. Burkhead, M.D., one of the premier shoulder surgeons in the world. In addition, Dr. Hobbs will provide all aspects of general orthopedic care to the community.
Throughout his academic career, Dr. Hobbs has been involved in orthopedic research. He has been published in the Journal of Hand Surgery and written numerous book chapters regarding the management of shoulder pathology. In addition, Dr. Hobbs has presented his research at the Orthopedic Trauma Association, American Society for Surgery of the Hand, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics annual meetings.
Dr. Hobbs is Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon.
- Undergraduate: University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
- Medical: Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, MO
- Internship: Grandview Hospital Medical Center, Dayton, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Grandview Hospital Medical Center, Dayton, OH
- Shoulder and Elbow Fellowship: Baylor University Medical Center and WB Carrell Clinic, Dallas, TX
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- Ohio Osteopathic Association
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Des Peres Hospital
- Parkland Health Center
Dr. Hobbs has office location in Sullivan Missouri in addition to his office located in Creve Coeur.