Michael Burns, MD
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Michael Burns is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon. He attended St Louis University School of Medicine and completed his Orthopedic Residency at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Dr. Burns specializes in Knee and Shoulder conditions. He has extensive experience in Knee Replacement Surgery, Rotator Cuff repair and Arthroscopic Surgery for meniscal and cartilage problems. In addition he has an interest in Regenerative Medicine including PRP and Stem Cells.
Dr. Burns spent over 20 years on the Medical Staff of the United States Olympic Committee. He served as physician for the U.S. Team at three Olympic Games including Beijing, China 2008; Sydney, Australia 2000; and Nagano, Japan in 1998.
- Undergraduate: Santa Clara University, California.
- Medical: St Louis University School of Medicine.
- Residency: Ochsner Foundation Hospital.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Arthroscopy Association of North America.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center.
- Progress West Hospital.
- Mercy Hospital St Louis.
- City Place Surgery Center.